Senior Support Program of the Tri-Valley has many volunteer opportunities. Most of them are in the Friendly Visitor Program and the Nutrition and Exercise Program. We depend on support from volunteers like you. Thank you!
Friendly Visiting Program:
- Friendly Visitor – matched with a senior to be a friend, help with reading, shopping, going for a drive, playing games, etc.
- Group projects to do work on seniors’ homes – heavy cleaning, yard work, painting and repairs.
- Events – help with luncheons, Holiday gifts and baskets, fundraisers, outreaches.
- Office help – filing, shredding, mailings, computer data entry, etc.
- Telephone reassurance – Make phone calls to seniors to monitor their status and update their records.
Please contact Lorie Rohloff at 925-931-5388 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information
Nutrition and Exercise Program:
- Volunteer exercise class assistant – Help guide seniors in gentle exercise classes at senior apartments in Livermore, Pleasanton and Dublin.
- Volunteer nutrition class assistant – Help provide essential nutritional information to seniors in classes at senior apartments in Livermore, Pleasanton and Dublin.
Please contact Nancy Bennett at 925-931-5382 or email@example.com to find out more information
Within the Transportation Program:
- Volunteer drivers – Drive seniors to both Tri-Valley and out of area appointments.
- Volunteer escorts – Ride paratransit with frail seniors and escort them to appointments.
Please contact Melanie at 925-931-5387 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information